Course Fee: $375
Blackbird’s Vehicle Involved Arrest course is designed for drug enforcement and specialty unit personnel that have tactical and arrest responsibilities in addition to their investigative responsibilities. This course will focus on specialty unit operations involving vehicle takedowns in arrest situations.
This class will be 3 days (24 hours) Approximately six hours are dedicated to Operational Debriefs and classroom instruction and approximately 18 hours are dedicated to practical exercise, instruction, walk throughs and full speed execution.
- Operational Debriefs
- Dynamics and Ballistics of automobile construction
- Equipment and tool selection
- Vehicle selection
- Personnel selection
- Operational Planning
- Geography of the stop
- Vehicle containment techniques
- Types of Vehicle Involved Arrests
- Execution of the Takedown
- Tactical Communication
- Specialty Unit training hours and suggestions
- Documentation of Specialty Unit training
Audience: Drug Enforcement and other specialty unit officers, supervisors and team leaders that regularly participate in enforcement operations. This class is restricted to Sworn Law Enforcement officers and active members of the United States Military.